Thursday, July 12, 2007

Pilar's Book: Rock Stars

The theme for my book is Rock Stars. Considering the book, which will house this group's alterings is a beat up copy of a Metallica bio I saved from the trash of Barnes and Noble, the theme seemed appropriate. I decided to incorporate groups and musicians I am quite fond of for my introduction spreads. The first page is The Smiths. The page was created from photocopies of the band, gel pens and 7 gypsies gaffer tape. The second page is Nine Inch Nails. I made this page from paper I altered with stencils and vintage wallpaper. The third page is The White Stripes made with decorative paper, stamps, stencils, acrylic paint and ephemera.

3 comments:

creativelenna said...

Oh, Pilar! I love what you have done and I am excited to work in your book. I just figured out it won't be too long because you will send this book to Shauna next & then it will come to me. MMMmmmm . . . This is a great theme. I am happy to have a little time to think about what I might add. Your art is fantastic! I am so glad you are in this exchange. fondly, lenna

Brandi Reynolds said...

wow. I never would have put trent reznor and vintage wallpaper together but it freaking rocks and totally captures the essence of him. awesome!

kearymary said...

I really love the theme and what came of it!