Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Lenna's art in Shauna's yummy book!


Here is my spread in Shauna's book. I wish I would have had the time to do another spread, but I simply did not! Our house went on the market on Monday and we have an offer already, 2 days later! It's been very busy here. Today was the 15th and so I just packed the book up, sadly saying goodbye, and sent it off to Ms. Bean in New Jersey, who will do wonders with it I am sure. I sent Priority mail, Delivery confirmation included so you should see this book in your mailbox soon Ms. Linda! let me know when it arrives, please.

For the left hand page, I used a piece of upholstery fabric that Shauna had sent along with her book. I sewed an Alpha Stamps image (bird - Paris) onto the fabric first, then sewed and glued the pink eyelash trim around the edge. I also sewed a little beaded trim along the bottom that dangles out of the book. This is a french book, so I could not help adding the 'paris' image. There is also some sheer stamped ribbon sewn on to the bottom of the fabric.

On the right side I started drawing with my aquacolor crayons and then used a wet brush to activate the colors. When the water color dried, I used a round paper punch to punch out sections of the page and then glue them in different places on the page. I like the little windows this made to other pages below.

I did sign a tag in the back of the book, Shauna -- and I also decorated one of the little round tags - you may be able to see it there on the right side. Click on the scan for more detail - and let me know how you are all doing, thanks!

No comments: