Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Pilar's Rockin' Book

I have Pilar's ROCK STAR themed Altered Book here at my house now. Today I've been partying, gettin down, spinnin the tunes that Shauna sent tucked in-between 2 pages of the book (great CD, shauna!) and doin' some art in Pilar's book. What fun. Sure beats packing for my upcoming move! We will be closing on both houses Sept. 14th, if all goes well, and we should be in our new digs by the 15th . . . I will get you my new address shauna, don't worry!

Below is the Sign-In page Pilar set up - I love it! I added a ticket to a concert as a tag, signed my name on the back and called myself a "groupie". Click on any photo for more detail.


Pilar's intro & first page, below, come next. I thought you might like to see her pages as a "spread".

below, another awesome spread by Pilar. I love her art! Click on it for more detail.

Miz Shauna Palmer is up next in Pilar's book, rock star that she is! Look at what she has done, wow!

And another fabulous spread from Shauna:

I started my spreads in Pilar's book by using Pearl Harbor & the Explosions - a late 70's wave band. For all of my spreads, I dug out old record covers, reduced & photocopied them.
Below shows the unfolded review I found about Pearl Harbor, copied and attached:

Bonnie Raitt is my all-time favorite musician and rocker and I had to include her in Pilar's book. I have been to more performances by her than any other artist. I found some song lyrics online and used a copy of one of my concert tickets to complete the spread. She rocks!
Last spread; this one has a door. From Eric Clapton . . . .

. . . To Eddie Money: "I wanna be a rock and roll star" . . . .
That's it! enjoy! lenna

1 comment:

June said...

Great pages, ladies. I love making altered books. I discovered this art a few years back and have made several altered books and a few book sculptures since then.